IS COMMERCIAL FEED CAUSING A REDUCTION IN EGGS

 
Online claims have emerged, corroborated by others, that the popular “Producer’s Pride” chicken feed sold by the Tractor Supply chain has been recently altered and that its new formulation is causing chickens to stop laying eggs. Some suggest a deliberate reduction in the amount of protein in the feed may be causing the reduction in egg production. 

This news comes as chicken and egg prices reach historic highs, caused in part by Avian Flu, but also as rampant inflation under the Biden regime causing prices to erratically jump among suppliers and subsequently among common consumer products. Egg prices have gone from $1.71 per dozen 18 months ago to an average over $7 per dozen today. READ MORE


*My personal experience: I've given my hens Producer's Pride for over a year. Chickens naturally slow down making eggs in winter. But for the last couple of months, I've only collected 1 egg a day (from 6 hens). That’s less than normal. So I switched their food a few weeks back to a more expensive but natural feed (full of herbs and probiotics), and I got 5 eggs in a single day… just 48 hours after switching them. Now they are back to laying 3-4 eggs a day, which is normal for winter. I 100% believe it was the FOOD!

Comments